Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Should Junie Rendezvous?

Today I wore the pack saddle and panniers and helped work on the fence, carried Girl Child around with no halter on while I ate grass, and practiced ground driving with long reins from my halter for the first time ever.  I only had two small bucking sessions, and those really weren't my fault.

So clearly I'm a reliable and steady steed fit for cargo of any type or species.  Why should I not attend our community's most celebrated annual event?  After all, horses and mules play a large part in both the pageant and the parade - why not a burro?  Surely burros attended the original gatherings too, (or most certainly would have had they been invited.) 

Woman says that there are things in town that I might not appreciate so much.  (What is a fire engine, anyway?)

No comments:

Post a Comment